For Hong Kong students taking HKDSE for admission via JUPAS, the general entrance requirements are:
Core Subjects Minimum Level Chinese Language 3 English Language 3 Liberal Studies 2 Mathematics Compulsory Part 2 Elective Subjects Minimum Level Any 2 SubjectsRemarks 3
- One of the electives must be any Category A subjects including Extended Part of Mathematics (Module 1 or Module 2);
- The other elective can be any of the following subjects:
- Category A subjects;
- Applied Learning subjects with "Attained with Distinction (I)" or above;
- Other Language subjects at Grade E or above.
- Good results in science-related elective subjects is preferred.
- High choice banding (e.g. Band A) in JUPAS application is preferred.
- JUPAS Band A applicants who fail to meet the general entrance requirements by one level in any one of the HKDSE subjects, but obtain a total of two * s (either one subject with 5** or 2 subjects with 5*) or above in any subject(s) may also be considered for admission.
For other students (admission via Non-JUPAS)
Students may apply using other qualifications, including International Qualifications, Associate Degree/ Higher Diploma/ University Transfer and Mainland JEE.
Admission Score calculation: JS2510 will consider 4 HKDSE core subjects and 2 elective subjects in Admission Score calculation. One of the electives must be any Category A subjects including Extended Part of Mathematics (Module 1 or Module 2).
For students who have attained a 5* in relevant science subjects, they will be guaranteed for admission to the relevant major programme in Year 2. For example, if he/she has attained a 5* in HKDSE Chemistry, he/she will be guaranteed for admission to Chemistry as his/her major programme.
The criteria for major programme assignment for other students will include the performance in relevant Year 1 Science Courses, the cGPA attained by the end of Year 1 and interview performance, if applicable.